Thursday, January 27, 2011

That I May Heal You.

"And it came to pass that there was a voice heard among all the inhabitants of the earth, upon all the face of this land, crying: Wo, wo, wo unto this people; wo unto the inhabitants of the whole earth except they shall repent;"-3 Nephi 9:1-2
I have been a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints my whole life. For most of my life when i heard the word REPENT, I always thought of something bad. It always made me feel like i was in trouble and had to fix it.
As i have served my mission i have talked to many people that feel the same way.
I am glad that i have learned the real meaning of repentance.
IN 3 Nephi 9 verse 13 Christ is speaking to the people of America. he says
"will ye not now return unto me, and repent of your sins, and be converted, that I may heal you?"
Christ is teaching the true meaning of repentance. Being healed by the power of the lamb of God.
I know now that repentance is a gift not a punishment. We are supposed to use it always.

"And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and
temptations of every kind; and this that the word might
be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and
 the sicknesses of his people. And he will take upon him
death, that he may loose the bands of death which
bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities
that his bowels may be filled with mercy,
according to the flesh, that he may know
according to the flesh how to succor his
 people according to their infirmities."
Alma 7:11-12
Repentance is about healing not suffering. So if you have ever felt pain, If you have ever been sad. If you have ever been tempted,guilty, overwhelmed, depressed, sick, hurt, angry, downtrodden, burdened,
left out, rejected,shunned, made fun of, weak, afraid, or anything else that has made you feel farther from God, then do as Christ himself says. Repent that I may heal you.
It is my witness that Jesus is the Christ and through him we may all be made whole, if we but repent and allow him to heal us.
I say that in the name of Jesus Christ Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment