Wednesday, March 2, 2011
When you think about "Popping the Question" its hard to imagine a more frightening, emotional, fate deciding, beautiful, daring, happiest, nerve wrecking, question then "Will you marry me?"
What is more important then that? In one question you are saying so many things. do you love me? Are you willing to love me forever? Will you spend your life with me? Will you make me apart of all your life's goals plans ambitions? You could go on for a long time.
This isn't even mentioning the importance of the answer. In one word you could become the "happiest man/woman on earth" or become shocked sad and clueless for who knows how long. There are few questions that have such life changing results as this one.
So what question could possible be more important then that one. What in this vast world could be more life changing then the answer you get for it.
There were some questions asked long ago that in my opinion are drastically more important. they were offered to a small group of people in an ancient town and were so powerful that even today you most likely have heared them before.
What think ye of Christ?
Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
What manner of men ought ye to be?
Lovest thou me? Whom seek ye? Believest thou this?
These great questions have more of a life changing effect then anything else. They cause you to think about the deepest part of your heart and recognize all that you must change.
A modern day apostle Elder Russell M. Nelson adds some questions to these that provide the same deep search.
Now may I administer a quiet quiz to help you evaluate your answer to my opening questions: "What think ye of Christ? whose son is he?"
With your silent declaration in mind, ask yourself two more questions:
What does his mission--his Atonement--really mean to me?
What does his ministry--his example--really mean to me?
To help you to be even more specific, let me ask:
* What do you think about when you partake of the sacrament?
* What do you do with your precious eyesight? What do you read? What do you watch on TV or look for on the Internet?
* What do you do with your ability to hear? To whom do you really hearken?
* What topics are worthy of your most intensive study?
* What do you allow into your body--your unique temple and gift from him?
* What kind of language is spoken from your lips?
* How does Jesus affect the way you use your time and talents?
* How does he influence the use of your means and resources?
* How does he influence your love for your wife or husband? Parents? Children? Brothers and sisters? Friends? Associates?
* How do his mission and his ministry affect who you really are? And who you may become?
So I would ask you these questions in hope that they may help you have a Life changing answer.
Jesus Christ in the way, the light, and the hope of all mankind. Come unto Him and be able to spend your life with the truest friend